Thursday, May 10, 2012

It Takes A Village



Baby Bear is growing SO quickly! I'm enjoying every minute of each milestone. Her smiles, hands that curl with excitement, big jumps in the jumper. Lately she's blowing raspberries. Not just blowing them but SLATHERING them on.  It seems as we ride down an aisle in her new stroller we sound like a car running.

She's getting taller and has more hair now.  NOTHING compares to her bright smiles!  I think the thing that really floors me is the fact that she encourages conversation with others and people stop us mid conversation or while we're in a store just to talk with her and tell us what a happy baby we have.  It honestly happens all the time now. I'm starting to see where our dear girl is not just a blessing to us but many around her.   Oh how I pray for her!  I pray that God will equip her with everything she needs to grow and thrive with the gift of Salvation Jesus offers her.  I pray for her joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, forgiveness but most importantly to know her Lord and Savior and the protection she has with Him.

Which brings me to today.  We picked up her dedication dress today!  It's an heirloom dress made out of Irish Linen.  We had it embroidered. I will share pictures once all is said and done but for now you'll have to wait.  Can you believe by Gods grace that she is being dedicated on Mother's Day?!  Doug picked the date and we both looked on the calendar last week to note that it's Mother's Day.  Yet another testimony to how good our Lord and Savior is!  He knows we've waited so long and what a gift for Mother's Day to know that our daughter will be prayed for, cared for and acknowledged by her church family that we all will attest to her spiritual well-being.  It REALLY gives meaning to the quote "It takes a village to raise a child".  I feel as though some of my dearest friends have been either in the church or my online friends who've prayed for us.  She IS in a sense being raised by the church (Gods people) and is on loan to us. My hope is that she'll be a light in this world. I know God has a plan for her. I have the blessed honor to be her mother and bask in the joys she has brought to our lives.  God solely gets the glory for such a great gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment