Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Loss. YAY


Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Eccles. 4:12

I can't stress enough how important it is to have some or a series of someones who are by your side encouraging you and helping you stay accountable to your goals is.  It helps a great deal if your spouse and family are a part of the change.  Luckily that's what I have with my husband.  He was the first one who went plant based, he was the first one who lost weight and got off his medications so he is the first one to lead his family to better health.  I couldn't think of a better leader since through Christ, HE is the leader of our home.  He also seeks Christ as HIS leader.  It just all works to Gods glory here.

I'm about 2 months into a more plant-based lifestyle. I have dairy/meat here and there, but for the most part, there's no meat and dairy in our refrigerator. We have almond milk and almond or coconut yogurt. NOW, cheese has been the hardest for me. Particularly mozzarella but most cheese just cannot be replaced with a non-dairy cheese. It doesn't melt the same, the texture is not the same and taste is NOT the same.  I'm sorry, as a foodie, there's just no substitute to the flavor of cheese.  I want to go completely plant-based but eggs and cheese are a staple I like once in awhile.  Not all the time but sometimes at least.  So I'm out on weather plant-based life will officially be my end result.  We'll see how things go in the future.  To call myself 100% plant based would be a lie though. I'm still concerned about what animal fat and cholesterol can do to my heart and blood pressure.  Since I am at higher risk for a heart attack or stroke with PCOS and Type II diabetes this is something I want to be careful of so that I can live to see my child/ren grow.  A question I have is would having eggs and cheese in great moderation REALLY be an issue if what I mostly eat is raw and/or cooked fruits and veggies?  I'm just out on it.


Today's exercise is classical training.  A cross between dancing and Tai Chi.  It doesn't sound like much, but it's a great weight loss tool.  After doing one video I've sweat like a hog and hurt in the morning.  I know someone who recommended it to ME who lost her weight that way.  I was skeptical but it works!  It's on PBS if anyone is interested. Wed.'s for us here in CNY.  I've been recording LOTS of them for different workouts...full body weight loss, back issues, arms, legs, feet, etc.   It's GREAT for those who have back problems or feel as though they can't achieve much through a regular workout yet.  

Here's the deal, since raising my thyroid 2 weeks ago because I stopped losing weight, felt groggy and my labs showed I needed it. I have felt great.   I also have lost 11 pounds.  11 pounds I'd LIKE to announce to the world however each and every time I announce a weight loss, I gain it all back again.  No sir, I'm not announcing the 11lb weight loss in any other place but my blog.  The blog where I am writing down where my trust lies in Christ for the Challenge I'm doing.  Somewhere I can look at and just share the ups and downs of getting healthy but this time KNOWING that Christ is my leader and not only is physical health important but more importantly, Spiritual health and well-being is important.

Which leads me back to the verse again:
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

I pray your week is going well! Love and Hugs dear friends.

1 comment: