Tuesday, January 22, 2013

At The Cross Road

It's been a while since I've posted in any of my blogs. I seem to be in a fog.  I have to say that I miss Homestead blogger.  The community I had there was pretty close-knit bunch of women and I learned from many of them.   Here on blogger I seem to be a small fish in a bigger pond.  It's harder for me to find those women and/or when I do, I find too many and it becomes WAY too big. It's really hard for me to keep up. ESPECIALLY with a toddler keeping me busy.

This winter, I decided to abandon Facebook.  I've lost interest in it for the most part.  I'm just sick of weeding through the politics, the disrespect and the "statuses" that seem to pop up with a great deal of negative attention.

That said, I'd rather write and I'd rather blog about my life.  Now of course I'm at a cross-road.  "What do I do now?" I think to myself. What do I find interesting?  What in MY life would be important enough to jot down here in the blogosphere?!

Well, I guess I can start with the fact that I'm a wife, mother and of course daughter of the God Most High.  Next I like garden, cook, change my decor around. I plan to be a homeschool mom, I'm new at motherhood and we are trying yet again for another child.   A little bit to think about. I may or may not change the look of the blog to something that more fits me. Again, I'm a little bit lost right now but hope to find my way.

Join me on my journey if you'd like! In the meantime, enjoy the song by Jeremy Riddle "Sweetly Broken".

3 comments:

  1. As we have discussed, Facebook went by the wayside for me this winter as well. I just don't need it or want it in my life. Too much negativity outweighs anything positive.

    However, I AM on there this week, as my daughter is out of town, and she asked me to wait until she returned from her trip before deleting my account. She wanted me to be able to see the photos she and her friends are posting and tagging each other in. So, I've been on FB this week, but I haven't missed not being there.

    I, too, miss the community aspect of Homestead Blogger. It IS much harder to "connect" in Blogger, plus, people don't seem to leave blog comments much anymore. In our rush-rush, just hit the "like" button society, the time necessary to write a thoughtful blog comment just seems to be too much for people.

    Anyhow, I love you and will be with you on your new blog journey.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patti! Your right. Lots of rush but I am hopeful that we'll find that level of comfort again. I think it will take some time. I'm not used to change. I don't like it ONE BIT! God is showing me it's a part of life. One in which I'm going to have to learn to be flexible. A trait I am neither good at nor have the patience for. Haha Praise God for His willingness to work with His stubborn daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check your blogs every so often. It's good to see you back.
    I know how it is...the business of life gets in the way. I haven't blogged in ages either, but I do check in and read. :)

    ReplyDelete