Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!



I hope this day finds you well my friends.  We spent the past two weeks celebrating love.  Our anniversary was last week so we spent the weekend celebrating by getting massages, acupuncture and wading in a lovely waterfall hot tub. It was AMAZING. We then moved on to Indian Curry, a trip to the book store then onward to get our daughter.  The next day we went to the mall, which says a lot about LOVE since my husband absolutely HATES mall shopping.  We ended it with Mexican food.

While Today he had to work, we still spent much of the week celebrating with each other.  We've been praying together, the other day we shared a day filled with errands but VERY calming. It was nice to spend the day with baby bear and my husband.

He left for work but not without sacrificing the day with running on an errand with us leading to the french patisserie for chocolate, the store for baby food and home where he managed to send me an e-card.

I must say that I am married to a man who was hand-picked by God to love me.  If it weren't for God I'd probably be single. I'm high maintenance. Not in the way most men would assume. I can live without makeup, high end clothes and such.  He has lived with my medical issues for many years now. Most of which aren't always fun to be around. I get moody, my body doesn't always work the way it should and when most men would be out the door my husband stood his ground and kept to the Covenant with which we took before God.  

He is not perfect, but for ME he comes close. Remembering why I married him is quite easy.  He's Gods Fence Mender. Loving, Kind and Gentle with LOADS of patience. He loves me for who I am and has made me want to be a better person.  I love that He loves the Lord. It blesses my heart and I've come to understand the importance of what a man who loves the Lord provides to his home and family.

Over the years I've understood that love isn't always a fairytale. There are bad times, sometimes downright draughts! It's easy for people to give up or say they just "fell out of love". In order to fall out of love you have to give up on it. You have to stop putting LOVE into your marriage. You have to stop making your marriage of importance and you have to have made God somewhere outside the 1st priority to your household.

When God becomes the sole priority in which you base the very foundation of your house and home on....it is THEN that you find prosperity in your marriage and home life.  God, Husband, children, etc.  This is NOT to say that my life is perfect. In fact, I have much to learn.  We must trust that marriage and love goes beyond what we sometimes FEEL because there are times we must sacrifice or compromise. 

As I speak, my biggest stronghold is patience.  Nothing good comes from losing it.  So God is teaching me in all directions just how important patience is and how it affects so much of our lives. In learning to be patient, we'll find self control. Through both my family and I reap the benefit from Gods teachings.

I leave you with two scriptures that bless my heart today:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails. 

Romans 5:1-4

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peacewith God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment